This page (together with the documents referred to on it) advises you of Burnside Wood Pellets terms and conditions for the supply to you of goods listed on our website; www.burnsidewoodpellets.co.uk. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any goods from our website. You should understand that by ordering goods, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
We are a UK company registered and based at Burnside House, ICI West Gate, Chiltons Avenue, Billingham, TS23 1JD. Our company number is 10879939 VAT Number is 275252595.
2. ELIGIBILITY TO PURCHASE PRODUCT
- All products on the website are available for sale to residents of the United Kingdom mainland. We do not accept orders from, or deliver products to areas outside of this territory.
- To satisfy certain legal requirements and ensure that the delivery of the products can be made effectively and safely we need to be sure of certain pieces of information about you. By placing an order through our website, you confirm and acknowledge that:
(a) You are legally capable of entering into a binding contract
(b) You are at least 18 years old;
(c)You are resident in the United Kingdom mainland
(d) You are accessing our website from that country.
- All prices are quoted in Great British Pounds Sterling inclusive of VAT at 5%, but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due as set out in our delivery guide.
- The price of any products will be as quoted on our website from time to time and will be included on your order confirmation, except in cases of obvious error.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect any orders where we have already sent you an order confirmation.
- We will normally confirm prices as part of our order confirmation process.
- Payment for all Goods must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with Visa, Delta and Switch. Goods will be dispatched upon receipt of full payment.
- We will charge your credit or debit card when we send you Order Confirmation.
4. VAT LEVIES
The VAT rates levied on sales of fuel products is subject to the intended use of those products. The reduced rate of 5% VAT is levied on supplies that are intended to be used for fuel. Please be aware that is your responsibility to ensure that you are paying the correct level of VAT for your order. Burnside Wood Pellets cannot be held responsible for any incorrect application of VAT you may make to your order. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you certify that your order is compliant with the relevant legislation.
5. PRODUCT INQUIRIES
- After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy goods. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the products have been requested – the order confirmation. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you this order confirmation.
- The contract will relate only to the goods specified and confirmed in the order confirmation.
6. CANCELLATION RIGHTS & RETURNS – CONSUMER RIGHTS
- If you live in the United Kingdom you have a legal right to cancel your order after you have received and inspected the goods.
- Please note that you are under a legal duty to take care of the product, and this includes all packaging and labeling. Care must be taken to ensure that the goods remain in the best possible condition.
- Should you decide to return the goods you must notify us of cancellation in writing to email@example.com within seven (7) working days of receipt of the goods.
- You must return the goods to us in the condition in which they were received, at your own cost, within seven (7) days of cancellation, with as much of the undamaged original packaging and paper work as possible.
- Goods must be returned within seven (7) days of cancellation.
- When you return goods to us in a condition which indicates that they have been used or opened, we will consider you to be in breach of your legal duty to take reasonable care of the goods and reserve the right to recover appropriate sums from you.
7. DAMAGED GOODS
- If you should receive goods that is not in perfect condition, or was damaged in transit, please mark the delivery documentation to reflect this and notify us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your email Damaged Goods.
- All goods are inspected thoroughly before dispatch, and are deemed to be in a saleable condition upon dispatch.
8. RETURNS POLICY
- We hope that you will be fully satisfied with the product. If you are not satisfied because the goods are damaged, we will be happy to accept a return from you in accordance with the following policy. You must notify us in writing by email to email@example.com to explain your concerns. We will confirm by email that you may return an item in its original condition and packaging, which must be sent to us as soon as possible. We will issue a refund within 14 days or exchange the item if this has been requested.
- Please include, where possible, with the goods a copy of your internet invoice, cancellation notice, where applicable, or a written note of your name, address, e-mail address, order number and reason for return. This will speed up the return process.
- If goods are returned as un-delivered, or fail to be delivered on the agreed delivery date, you will have to pay the additional redelivery costs.
- You are entitled to inspect the goods, and we recommend that you do so thoroughly prior to signing the delivery driver’s shipping documents.
All notices (i.e. Cancellation Notices) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. RISK AND TITLE
- Our Products will deteriorate unless stored in a dry environment: PLEASE NOTE THAT GROUND MOISTURE (for example, from storage in an outside wood pile) CAN CAUSE PRODUCTS TO DETERIORATE;
- Products are delivered in packaging for ease of delivery but we cannot guarantee that packaging materials will not be damaged during delivery: you should ensure that the Products are not left outside in wet weather when they are delivered to you
- Provided that any damage to packaging has not caused damage to the products before delivery to you, we will not be liable to you for any damage to or deterioration of the Products which arises after delivery.
- Ownership of the products will pass to you on delivery of the products provided we have received full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
To protect against fraud, we are only able to ship items to the billing address of the credit card holder.
- All goods are shipped either by a professional distribution company or by our own vehicles.
- Deliveries are to UK mainland only.
- Orders will usually be fulfilled within five (5) working days unless there are exceptional circumstances. We will give you an estimate for delivery times as soon as possible after Order Confirmation. Return orders received after 11:30am on a working day will be processed on the next following working day.
- Delivery times are between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays). Our delivery team will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver at a time convenient to you and to give you reasonable notice of delivery by telephone or email.
- Please note, the delivery drivers will only be obliged to deliver the goods to the curbside of the address for insurance reasons. Products will be delivered on pallets to the rear of the delivery vehicle: please note that a pallet is too heavy for an individual to lift. Our delivery staff will try to assist you with placing the pallet in an appropriate location but our responsibility to you is to unload the Products at the rear of the delivery vehicle to the curbside at the delivery address, not to place the pallet in a particular location on site. It may not be possible for us to move the pallet (for example, pallets cannot be moved on soft ground or gravel driveways). Our delivery team will contact you when the goods are ready to discuss arrangements for delivery: please feel free to contact us directly at any time if you have any questions about delivery and storage.
- A signature will be required on receipt, and where possible, we recommend that you carry out as full of an inspection of the goods as is possible.
- If Burnside Wood Pellets have agreed to deliver when no one is at the delivery address to sign to confirm receipt, the Products will be left at your risk.
- Please note that if the Products are not promptly stored in a dry environment (see clause 7 below), they may deteriorate. We strongly recommend that you have arrangements for dry storage in place before delivery.
- We warrant to you that any product purchased from us through our website will, on delivery, conform in all material respects with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of that kind are commonly supplied.
- Please note that damage caused to products by inappropriate storage following delivery is not covered by this warranty: please see clauses 3 and 7 above.
- We are not liable to you for any failure of performance of the Products or damage which is caused by your own equipment (such as, for example, incorrect fitting of a flue) or by misuse of the Products.
14. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1 These terms of sale and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms of sale from time to time, for example to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system capabilities.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms of sale in force at the time that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Order Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the goods).
- If the courts decide that any part or wording in these terms of sale is illegal, invalid or unenforceable then that part or wording shall be deleted from the agreement and the rest of the terms of sale shall remain in force.
- All contracts formed, sales made and legal disputes arising through the use of this website shall be governed by English law. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or relating to these terms of sale or use of our website.
- These terms and conditions shall apply to all internet sales made by Burnside Wood Pellets, and by placing an order with us you are accepting these terms and conditions.
THESE TERMS OF SALE DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS. If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards department or Citizens Advice Bureau.